Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day 12: Knitted Headband


Today I went shopping with my brother & Mr Peck and got a really cute top that I can wear with tights. Been looking for something like this for a while and happy I found this one. Got it on special for $30! Sweeeet!  I'll have to do an outfit post later this week... Later we watched the latest Pirates which was actually pretty good I thought! Few odd bits in it, like the freaky mermaids... what the?! But yeah, I enjoyed it!

For my creation today I decided to knit me a head band out of this lovely orange wool that I bought for my yarnbombing. I got a few bags of wool from the op shop for like $2 and this one was in there. Pretty cool, it's chunky and an awesome colour. 

I knitted this up on size 8 needles in simple garter stitch and it was so so quick! And would be a great first project if you are just learning knitting. Let me know if you want me to tell you more! 
I am sorry for the slightly scary picture. Sleep has been avoiding me, or maybe I it and my eyes are pretty crazy.... like red & baggy and stuff... plus I don't have makeup on so yeah. Photoshop Alert!! But just ignore me and look at the headband ok? Thanks.


1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to learn how to knit, and this would be the perfect winter accessory! If you have more detailed instructions I'd love to give this project a try!

    ReplyDelete